widget inclusions Linux

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sun Jul 30 17:16:31 EDT 2017

On 07/30/2017 11:33 AM, Warren Samples via use-livecode wrote:
> I apologize if this is a known (but not to me) issue...
>
> I am finding that the BMI Calculator does not work after it has been
> built as a standalone in 64bit Linux in recent versions of LiveCode. (I
> haven't tried in any other OS.) It works as expected within the IDE but
> in a standalone the Calculate BMI button doesn't execute any scripts.
> Returning to LC 8.0.1 a standalone functions perfectly if I select all
> the appropriate widgets for inclusion. But, the standalone exhibits the
> same broken behavior if I deselect the lib.json widget.
>
> If I save the stack in 8.0.1, with the proper files selected in
> standalone build settings and open it in 8.1.4 and build, the standalone
> functions as expected.
>
> Is it possible that the lib.json and/or other widgets is are not being
> properly included in the standalone in recent versions of LC, at least
> under 64bit Linux? Maybe I should ask if someone can duplicate this :D
> It happens to me under every distro I test.
>
> Warren

It does indeed seem to be the problem that the json library is not being
included during the build process. I have found a solution but it seems
in a sense at least as broken as my previous, non-working standalone.

Switching to manually selecting inclusions and adding the json library
doesn't solve the problem. Doing this creates a standalone that looks
the same (it has all the UI widgets even though they weren't selected in
the dialog) and works the same (Calculate BMI button does nothing).

Switching back to auto-selection of inclusions after selecting the json
library in the manual inclusions list does produce a standalone that works.

Is this expected? Am I being dense in finding both of these results to
be counterinuitive, even illogical?

Is there some less confused way to get this library into a standalone?
Can it be made to happen automatically at build? Is it supposed to
happen that way?

Warren