Doing user testing in a risk free way (Re: gitter)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 30 15:09:35 EDT 2017

On 7/30/17 12:16 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
> **How can all our existing users help with our user testing?
>
> Well, the above approach has one further *really* useful aspect. For any
> licenses which are not marked with a test funnel (or indeed are marked
> with a dead test funnel) we can show a drop-down list in preferences for
> all currently available tests.
>
> Choosing one would reboot the IDE into that test's IDE. The result? Any
> of you can play around with the things we are testing and give us
> feedback on them without it affecting your workflow or use of the IDE at
> all.

Do you need test subjects or do you need to observe them directly? I
have a neighbor who would be ideal. I was thinking I could watch him
(with my mouth firmly shut) and take notes on what happens.

He's currently learning another language (javascript maybe, can't
remember) so he is computer literate but has zero experience with LC.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com