Sluggish on Mobile Device

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 30 01:02:47 EDT 2017

On 7/29/17 11:02 PM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
> On 2017-07-30 05:43, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
>> There may be a minor difference when acceleratedRendering is on, but
>> not enough to really help much. I'll see if I can extract a group.
>> It's one from Swami's project, built dynamically, and all the images
>> are referenced, so it isn't as easy as just copying a card.
>>
>> Would referenced images rather than imported images make a difference?
>
> They shouldn't do - no.
>
> It sounds like *something* in the group structure is causing
> accelRendering not to be effective (although I'm not sure what from the
> description). Are there any scripts running?

Not after the card opens. It just sits there until the user tries to
scroll the group.

> In the first instance, just the group structure would do - if we have
> trouble reproducing the problem we can come back to you for a more
> faithful reproduction.

I'll see what I can do. The scripts are all over the place, it's a
massive project and all the working code is in script-only stacks used
as backscripts.

The same project has a single scrolling group with lots of controls in
it but no sub-groups and that one scrolls much better. It's still not
entirely smooth but the jerkiness is much reduced. Maybe I'll include
that one too, it's self-contained and will be easier to move.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com