Compiling LiveCode on Sierra

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sat Jul 29 17:00:31 EDT 2017

> On 30 Jul 2017, at 2:50 am, Brian Milby via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Somehow I did get all of my Xcode installs messed up so none would launch
> last night.  After I reinstalled 8.3, I ran the script to build the links.
> Then I decided that I would rather cache them.  When I deleted the broken
> versions of Xcode, I ended up having to relink manually since all of the
> SDK links pointed to the old apps instead of the cache.  So, if you want to
> cache the SDKs and delete the other copies of Xcode, use the "sh
> setup_xcode_sdks.sh -cache" method first.

Ah, yes, it doesn’t do anything if the sdk is already linked in. There’s a few things I’d like to change about that script. One is it should link in any SDKs that are in the cache or found in the other xcode app bundles rather than just the specific list. At the moment it’s really annoying that for develop-8.1 you need 10.8 but for develop you need 10.9 but the script doesn’t do both on either branch so you end up having to modify the script before you run it. Every time I run it I think I really should fix this but what I’m actually meant to be doing that day always makes me forget about it until the next time ;-)

Cheers

Monte