gitter

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Sat Jul 29 11:01:18 EDT 2017

On 07/29/2017 01:44 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
> P.S. None of us tend to sit on gitter.io - we can only process so many
> simultaneous inputs - however gitter does send email notifications when
> someone posts something on there and usually it doesn't take too long
> for one of us to notice (weekends, notwithstanding!).

While I think the original idea for using gitter (after trying Slack
first) was to set up sort of an IM channel, I have stopped expecting it
to be that and instead I use it for conversations where I need some
deeper or arcane expertise and don't feel like cluttering up the uselist
or the web forums that would be of interest to nobody else. And, once I
stopped expecting it to be an IM channel, I have to say that whatever
the subject, I have always gotten immensely useful information from the
team on gitter.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com