Compiling LiveCode on Sierra

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sat Jul 29 05:24:00 EDT 2017

> Recent versions of Xcode have a setting in an internal plist to (by default) ignore the 10.9 SDK - this can be solved by:
>
> "edit (with Xcode) the MinimumSDKVersion key value in /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Info.plist"

We have a script that does Xcode tinkering in tools/setup_xcode_sdks.sh & .py.

PS if you are going to run this against an automagically downloaded from the app store version of Xcode you will need to mess with permissions in the Xcode app bundle before you do it because you won’t be the owner. Also make sure you open Xcode before running the script as the initial setup stuff Xcode does must be done first otherwise it bricks the app.

Cheers

Monte