Another Browser Widget Question

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Jul 28 13:46:34 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-28 19:30, Bleiler, Timothy via use-livecode wrote:
> It’s the browser’s responsibility to handle this html syntax
>
> <a target="_blank|_self|_parent|_top|framename”>
> example: <a href="https://www.w3schools.com" target="_blank">Visit
> W3Schools</a>
>
> Is there a way to deal with this using the browser widget in Livecode?

In the context of the browser widget, you should get a message when
something like this occurs, it is then up to your code to decide what to
do (it allows you to have some control over what happens within the
widget).

I must confess I can't remember exactly which message you might need in
this instance. However, if you take a look in the dictionary under the
browser widget then there are a fair few to try.

Note: If you find that none of them do work for you in this scenario,
file an bug in the Quality Center and we'll take a look more deeply.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps