Another Browser Widget Question

Bleiler, Timothy bleiler at buffalo.edu
Fri Jul 28 13:30:23 EDT 2017

Hi,

This has been asked before on this list and in the forums and I’ve never seen even a single reply.
I assume it’s either blindingly obvious or something we’re "not supposed to do."

When a web page loaded in the current Livecode browser widget contains a link that should be opened in a tab or new window, clicking on that link does nothing.

It’s the browser’s responsibility to handle this html syntax

<a target="_blank|_self|_parent|_top|framename”>
example: <a href="https://www.w3schools.com" target="_blank">Visit W3Schools</a>

Is there a way to deal with this using the browser widget in Livecode?

Thanks,
Tim Bleiler, Ph.D.
Instructional Designer, HSIT
University at Buffalo