HTML5: mixed signals

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Fri Jul 28 10:10:45 EDT 2017

*** The following is how I judge this, not based on any 'official document'. ***

Depends a little bit upon what you are doing. The javascript part of the calling
web page is always accessible, no matter the license. So, important parts that
you have as javascript in the standalone's webpage are protected by the license
you select for that, e.g. an MIT-license.

With an Indy version you can make it more difficult (but *not* disable) to
download the standalone.zip, i.e. avoid the download-source-link.

*** But with an HTML5 license only you can password protect the source code (your
scripts) of the standalone. That's the essential effect of the HTML5-license ***

For example I have one script-protected HTML5 standalone: "EasyCrop"
( = selecting by a BezierCurve tool, available on hh.on-rev.com/html5/ )
Just try to hack it ...
All others there have accessible scripts, but you have first to know how to
download the <standalone>.zip that contains the source (= the "Indy-effect").

With the community version you are obliged to have a download-source-link (it's
generated at bottom right of the standalone canvas) and your scripts are *not*
password-protected.