Web vs Native (was Re: HTML5 limitations?)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 26 11:39:07 EDT 2017

On July 26, 2017 9:20:17 AM Richard Gaskin via use-livecode

> I believe Rick's "Why" here is key to much of what we may be doing over
> the next couple years.

In my case, the app is courseware and students are complaining they want it
to work on their mobile devices. Some don't have laptops and don't want to
use the computer lab. The options are to create mobile apps or alternately
run it in the mobile browser.

The app currently isn't suitable for either, but I think a mobile app would
be easier. Regardless, it would still need a major rewrite.

The client also doesn't want to deal with Apple's 30% cut and they already
have their own registration system. So we may be out of luck.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com