HTML5 limitations?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Tue Jul 25 21:30:55 EDT 2017

Why does the client want to move the project over to HTML5?
What advantage does he/she think it is going to provide that
the current setup does not?

Based on the complexity of what you already have going I think
it could be a very serious waste of time and energy.

It’s easier to just have a website where your users download
whatever version they need for their computer.  One for macOS,
one for Windows, and one for Unix.  If you need mobile versions
you can create them too.

Trying to convert everything so it all runs in a client’s web-browser,
and too slowly at that considering all of your animations, I just
don’t see it.  You would be better off knowing you have all of
LC’s engine capabilities in your app than in trusting something
that is still listed as experimental - although soon to become beta.

On the other hand if your client has very very deep pockets, and
isn’t in a rush to get it all done by tomorrow, you could make a
lot of money struggling with trying to get it all working.

Good luck with whatever you do!

Rick