AW: AW: AW: [OT]h.264 alternatives

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Jul 24 08:41:12 EDT 2017

I think the source of the problem that there is no standard codec for h.264
on windows is, that LiveCode uses the almost deprecated directShow API and
not the current Microsoft media foundation API. For MMF there probably is a
standard codec for h.264 available on the machine.
That’s really a pity, that Edinburgh implemented this old API, which is
almost deprecated and not the current microsoft foundation after having
waited so many years for the switch from QT to a new standard. Now it bites
us again in our daily work, like many years QT. So we went from worse to
bad.
Tiemo