SE Gutter better scroll tracking [Bugfix-20140]

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Sun Jul 23 21:47:17 EDT 2017

On 07/23/2017 01:19 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi Bob
>
> Have you tried this out with very very long scripts > 10000 lines? The reason there’s an update delay on a number of things is to reduce the risk of the field editing performance being effected.

I have to say I don't know why this is a big deal.
Here's what I do in the glx2 script editor:

if there's an edit event that changes the number of lines in the script:

clear all the displayed breakpoint dots
for each breakpoint in the breakpoints:
   if it's before the line being edited, just display the red dot
   otherwise add the number of lines affected (in case of a paste)
    modify the breakpoint
    and display at dot at the new position
repeat until done

There is no noticeable delay
and no weird moving about of breakpoint dots

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com