SE Gutter better scroll tracking [Bugfix-20140]

Bob Hall bob at bobhall.net
Sun Jul 23 08:23:28 EDT 2017

I have a proposed fix for the gutter lagging behind the scrolling of the Script Editor field. As you will see, this is a big improvement for scrolling in the SE. I had been messing around with this for a couple of months now and have done a lot of testing. The way the Gutter is handled I’d say needs an overhaul but for now, this will help in the near term.

Changes are minor to get this working. trying it out should only be attempted by more advanced users. You MUST use LC 9.0dp8 and please, make sure you’ve got a copy just incase it all blows up ;-)

https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/compare/develop...bhall2001:bugfix-20140

I’m not going to go into how to install the changes.

If anyone does install, please report back and let me know how it works (or doesn’t) for you.

Thanks in advance,
Bob Hall