AW: AW: [OT]h.264 alternatives

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Fri Jul 21 10:59:04 EDT 2017

On 07/21/2017 04:28 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode wrote:
> ... and h.264 is not h.264, it depends on the codec being used! I am also
> using h.264 videos on iOS and Android, but the fun stopped with the first
> customers, who couldn't play my videos on some Android devices. Obviously my
> choice of a Sorenson h.264 codec isn't compatible with all Android devices
> (mostly LG) and I have no idea if there is any codec at all, which is
> compatible with all Android devices. Sigh!
> Tiemo

Tiemo,

Is it possible that you selected encoding options that the decoder
couldn't handle? That is to say it's not - might not be - that Sorenson
isn't compatible per se, but that you have to select options which are
compatible? This has always been an issue. There may also be issues with
the container. You have to select a conservative profile and the right
audio format for maximum compatibility. I would encourage you to look
into this. Obviously, this assumes these devices have some kind of h264
capability. Many flaming hoops to jump through...

Warren