What happened to LC version numbers?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu Jul 20 18:52:21 EDT 2017

On 07/20/2017 12:17 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:

> Okay, replace "DP" with "most recent build"

No, you can't do that. If the team really wants us to test new features
in DP releases (and I'm certainly on board with that) then we need DP
releases.

The whole idea of a Release Candidate is that the developers get to say
"OK - we're done developing this and we think it's ready to be released.
We're moving on to other things now, don't bother us unless it's broken"
and that's a different thing from "here's a new build with a bunch of
nifty new ideas that we're working on. It's still a work in progress,
but we'd appreciate it if you try this build and see if your existing
stacks still work. Also, we've added new features here, so you can using
the new stuff with this in preparation for the RC/GM releases".

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com