What happened to LC version numbers?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu Jul 20 18:44:31 EDT 2017

On 07/20/2017 01:18 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
> I honestly don't know what the fuss is:

Because RCs and DPs are different beasts.

By the time you get to an RC1 release it's expected that barring any
newly-introduced problems the next build will be the 'stable' release.
I've been assured that nothing will get added once we get to RCland, and
that includes bugfixes to anything that was previously broken as well as
nifty new features.

DP releases should be more for things like testing whether a mandatory
backdrop would resonate with users, messing with the handler list,
adding experimental features to see if they break, etc.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com