What happened to LC version numbers?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jul 20 15:17:36 EDT 2017

Mark Wieder wrote:

 > On 07/20/2017 11:41 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
 >
 >>   ...the more people we can get using DP's (in particular),
 >>   the higher quality they will be and the faster new versions
 >>   will appear.
 >
 > ...so when was the last time you saw a dp release?
 > (of anything other than LC9, which is nothing but, since it hasn't yet
 > reached a state stable enough for an rc release)

Okay, replace "DP" with "most recent build", which will usually reflect
the current state of bug fixes.

The point here is less about build nomenclature than about the choice
between testing and not testing.

One of those choices allows the possibility that any issues specific to
one's work can be addressed before the version goes final.

The other choice almost guarantees they won't be. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems