Restrictions on mobile servers?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jul 20 12:59:33 EDT 2017

On the desktop, most OSes at least provide some means of requiring
explicit admin permission to allow an app to open a TCP port for listening.

What restrictions are imposed by iOS and Android for similar security?

In the Android settings for LC's Standalone Builder, does the "Internet"
permission cover both client and server roles?

That seems a bit broad to me, but in my brief searching this morning I
haven't yet turned up how each mobile OS restricts apps from allowing
connections from the open Internet.

Any guidance on this would be appreciate.

TIA -

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems