[ANN] Release 9.0.0 DP-8

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Jul 20 10:48:00 EDT 2017

Monkey Patching. I like that. Is that a reference to the Scopes Monkey trial?

Just as an aside, I heard a brilliant professor once provide the most excellent challenge to the Monkeys on Typewriters illustration I have yet heard. He said that the illustration was not true to nature because the magical typewriters were not capable of REMOVING the randomly typed letters from the paper. By that he meant that in an aqueous solution, while it is certainly possible that amino acids can often form simple, and perhaps rarely, complex proteins, the equilibrium actually far more favors the BREAKDOWN of proteins into their amino acid components.

So now how long would it take to randomly produce the famed literary piece? Or a protein so complex and optically pure it could begin to reproduce itself, and repair itself, and protect itself from the environment? Once equilibrium is accounted for, and the balance favors the breakdown of proteins, even infinity cannot produce the results one might want. In fact it fairly guarantees it's failure.

Bob S