Window layering

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed Jul 19 15:56:25 EDT 2017

On 07/19/2017 10:51 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
 > On 2017-07-19 18:59, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
 >>> - set the layer ouf a stack below all other windows (opposite
 >>>   of systemWindow)
 >>
 >> It might be useful - although probably not implementable (judging by
 >> how hard it is to get the backdrop to work reliably on all platforms).
 >
 > This case is a *lot* harder.

Bringing the visible LC windows to the front after displaying seems to
work for me. Most of the time, anyway. Sometimes the backdrop appears on
my main monitor, sometimes on the other one. It's hard to predict which.
But the following script does the job of not hiding everything behind
the backdrop.

on bringLCtoFront
    local tWindows

    set the backdrop to "black"
    put the windows into tWindows
    repeat for each line tWindow in tWindows
       if the visible of stack tWindow then
          open stack tWindow
       end if
    end repeat