What happened to LC version numbers?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 13:12:25 EDT 2017

Why worry?

When I release a new version of my Devawriter Pro I think of a number,
multiply it by 3.3 recurring, subtract 7 and claim it
was all the result of a mystical experience, and, so far, no one has
complained.

With the shining examples of Microsoft . . . as a kid said to me the
other day: "How come that boy has just been given an old laptop by his
Granddad that is running Windows 95 when mine only runs Windows 10?"

and Apple:

System 6, 7, 8, 9 and then "10" (whoops 'X') for the last 15 years,

nobody should let seemingly illogical numbering systems fuss them.

After all . . .  8.1.6 comes AFTER 8.1.5, and DP-8 comes AFTER DP-7, and
RC-3 comes AFTER RC-2;
which IS better than Windows 1, 2, 3, 95, 98, ME, Vista, XP, 7, 8, 10
[may have left out some there] in
so many ways I cannot list them.

When is Apple going to release System 11, if ever?

Richmond.