Bug 20117: new rc2 sets a backdrop, and preferences for same

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 12:58:28 EDT 2017

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <

> However, in context of my post - I was more talking about 'not being able
> to see the problem with the idea of putting the backdrop on by default for
> first-run users to ensure that the tutorials are as easy to follow as
> possible and thus ensure they get the best experience' which seemed to the
> 'problem' at that point...

How about *offering* to put up the backdrop for the tutorial, rather than
imposing it?

My immediate reaction to discovering a program thought itself sIt's mo
important that it should block out the rest has always been rather
hostile--to the level I quit the program and don't go back.

 It's my screen, with the things I'm doing, set the way I want.  It's not
for a new potential program to decide I'm wrong.
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462