[ANN] Release 8.1.6 RC-2

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed Jul 19 12:33:06 EDT 2017

On 07/18/2017 10:51 PM, Ali Lloyd via use-livecode wrote:
> Just out of interest, if it is not having the dictionary that makes them
> 'unusable', does it launch correctly in a browser if you change the script
> of revIDEBrowserWidgetUnavailable to return true?

Well, the CEF problem is one of the factors, yes. If it were only that
and the IDE didn't try to display things in a CEF browser I could get
around that. But I don't know what other parts of the IDE will start
using the CEF library, and considering that everything that tries to
causes me to force-quit and lose any unsaved work, that's a problem. But
I know the CEF issues are being worked on frantically, and we've talked
about that off-list, so I'm not trying to raise the issue here.

The all-but-invisible caret in field editing is also a pretty serious
problem, and I see from the github stream that it's been fixed for dp9,
so I'm also not worried about it - I'm just sticking with dp6 until the
next dp release.

...and I now use Bernd's TinyDictionary instead of the built-in
dictionary, so I don't need to try to monkeypatch the IDE for that. But
gimme a clue as to where to find revIDEBrowserWidgetUnavailable and I'll
give it a try just for giggles and let you know off-list.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com