Bug 20117: new rc2 sets a backdrop, and preferences for same

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Jul 19 04:55:03 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-19 08:56, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
> Even that is a "load of old Bollo"; I'm sure that a lot of people
> trying out LiveCode for the first time
> are going to go "gae quair" when they see their desktop vanish.

Possibly - but until you test such a thing, a statement either way is
just conjecture... Hence why we are testing it!

Admittedly, this was perhaps a slightly riskier test then something like
the handler menu; although had it actually *only* affected people who
were still in 'first run' mode... No-one on this list would have
probably noticed, thus it would not have occasioned any comment.

There will be an RC-3 which fixes that problem at least - whether or not
the auto-backdrop will be kept (in first run mode) will be largely down
to what the analysis of results of the testing say.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps