Why is libcef included in standalone?

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Tue Jul 18 12:07:56 EDT 2017

Using LC 8.1.5, I have unchecked “Browser (CEF)” option in the “Inclusions” section of the “Standalone Application Settings”.  However, libcef.dll is still included in the standalone build on Windows.  It is not included in the build for OSX.  Am I right that this dll is solely for the use of the Browser Widget?  If so, can I simply delete it from the build?  Are there associated files I should also remove?

In my opinion, why add this ridiculously large dll (46.4MB!) when you can simply use revBrowserOpen and get the same results?  Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advace,
-Dan