[ANN] Release 9.0.0 DP-8

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Mon Jul 17 08:33:18 EDT 2017

> Mark Waddingham wrote:
> On 2017-07-17 11:05, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode wrote:
> > @Hermann
> > I am not sure if "{}" were left out on purpose or not, I'll ask Monte.
> > However, if you want to add them, you have to:
>
> On Purpose. '{' is not a valid LCS bracket - so it shouldn't be appear
> outside of strings.
> Similarly, single-quote isn't a valid LCS token - so it shouldn't appear
> outside of strings.
> Indeed, bracket completion has to ignore content of strings otherwise
> you can't write stuff like:
>    put ( ")" & "'" ) & ( "'" ) into tVar
> Without funky things happening.

Accepted that it's not there, of course.
But honestly, what I don't understand in your argumentation is:

Code completion doesn't force "{" or "'" to be outside of a string!?

Isn't this more a thing of editing only than of debugging/compiling?
The current completions occur also while I am typing inside of a string...

> single-quote isn't a valid LCS token - so it shouldn't appear outside
> of strings

The following compiles ;-)

on shouldn'tYouNotAppear?
   answer "Just for fun: No."