Help Testing Small Script Editor Enhancement

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 16 16:12:16 EDT 2017

On 7/16/17 2:50 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> On 07/16/2017 12:37 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> This is going to totally screw up a macro I've been using for 15+
>> years. I know I'm a voice in the wilderness but if this gets
>> officially implemented I hope there's an option to turn it off, or
>> supply your own key combination.
>>
>> I use control-tab to switch between edit and browse mode because the
>> built-in combo is impossible for me to reach comfortably. You can
>> imagine how ingrained that is by now. Please give us some control over
>> the behavior.
>>

> I do the same in PowerTools. No problem.
>
> The patch is implemented in a behavior script of the script editor, so
> unless you're trying to switch modes while the editor is in front
> there's no conflict. I was worried about that too, so it was the first
> thing I tested.

I suppose I could live with that. As it is now, switching to browse mode
with the script editor in focus brings the defaultstack to the front
automatically and you're set to go. I didn't set that up myself, so I
assumed it was part of the IDE. I guess I could click the stack manually.

I wonder if any others would be affected by the change.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com