Finding errors in a standalone

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jul 14 10:31:17 EDT 2017

On 14/07/2017 04:40, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:

> Being ignorant of almost everything about internet connection details,
> I've never called tsNetInit. I just include the internet library in my
> standalone and it works. I'm gussing it initializes itself when the
> library loads. What happens if you remove that command?

I don't have a good reason for calling tsNetInit (I wanted to use tsNet
features, looked in the dictionary, saw that it had an "initialization"
handler - so I used it :-)

Removing that call means I get further - but I still get this
"anonymous" 'Execution error' dialog box with no info in it  - I think
very time I call "tsNetPost".

I guess the *real* question is not about tsNet - it is what info
*should* I get when some failure happens.
What have I done wrong to make this error dialog be empty of any useful
content ?
And then maybe what diagnostic info can I get about included libraries,
or these failures ?

-- Alex.