LiveCode 8, LiveCode 9, their intersection and other questions.

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 14:08:06 EDT 2017

As a developer (of sorts) who does most of his work on a fairly
antiquated Macintosh system (10.7.8 Lion)
and on various Ubuntu-based systems (14.04 & 16.04) I am interested to
know how much longer development
on the 8.x.x series is intended to last (as 9.0.0 dp 5 went Mavericks
and above)..

I am also interested to know if new features initially tried in the
8.x.x series are being "pushed forward"
whether any features in 9 are going to be backported into the 8.x.x. series.

AND, if one develops using versions of LiveCode that will only work when
deployed on a Macintosh on Mavericks
or higher whether standalones spun off from those versions will run on
earlier versions of Mac OS?

Richmond.