[ANN] Release 8.1.5 -- tsneterr

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Tue Jul 11 13:33:28 EDT 2017

I am porting a large project from LC 7 to 8.1.5.  Occasionally, I get this error when accessing the internet:  “tsneterr: Not initialised” (misspelled, by the way).   It works fine for a while, then it just fails.  And, once it fails you have to completely restart.  Sometimes LC even crashes!

It seems to be happening when one network connection isn’t finished and it tries to start another one.   I did not have this problem in LC 7 using libURL.  So, I’m pretty confident it’s something with tsNet.

If it’s because tsNet calls are crashing into each other, and If all calls [by default] are blocking, how could one connection be started before the previous one is completed?

I had this problem with previous versions of 8.1, but I was hoping it would be fixed in 8.1.5.

Anyone have any insight?   I would very much like to move forward with tsNet, but if this isn’t resolved, I can’t.  Is it possible to continue with 8.1.5, and still use the old libURL?

-Dan