modal window = block handler?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Jul 10 11:16:17 EDT 2017

A related issue I ran into recently:

I had a complex modal dialog. In my code for the dialog controls I was
calling a routine that had a "wait 0 with messages" statement. I
discovered that the wait ... with messages allows user events (for
example commandKeyDown, etc.)  to kick off other scripts while the modal
dialog was still active under OSX. Windows still does a better job of
modal actually being modal. This was an older stack under LC6.7.11, so I
am not sure if the this is also applies to more recent versions.