Widget course

James Hale james at thehales.id.au
Mon Jul 10 04:03:43 EDT 2017

OK, looked at actual widgets and see they have metadata items so I added these and the error disappeared.

1. Seems the minimum requirements for the Extension Builder have changed since the course first written

(BTW I am using 8.1.5, when I tried in 9dp7 there were even more errors.)

Full of confidence I click the "install" button.
I am duly asked for icons and click cancel on each request.
Log entries seem to have a stutter (repeat everything) but not actual errors reported.
open message box and type "put the loadedextensions"
scroll through the list - nada
magically type "put sayhello()" in message box to be greeted by error.
seems LC knows nothing of my library.
Check my "Extensions
"folder and it is there so am at a loss.
Quit LC and reopen.
open message box and type "put the loadedextensions" - success
type "put sayhello()" in message box - success

2. It seems you need to quit and relaunch LC after installing a library. Not the best.

James

james at thehales.id.au

Tel: +61 3 9386 2516
Fax: +61 3 9386 1387