Feature Race: Pick Your Project

james at thehales.id.au james at thehales.id.au
Wed Jul 5 21:48:08 EDT 2017

I have to agree with Dan here. The project delays are not really the issue. Sure we want things on time but we all understand that is rare.
What I haven't been able to understand is the really bad communication concerning this. I am really happy the android stuff is effectively done. Really I am. But that tells me zip about the obj C stuff and even less (if that's possible) about the actual goals such as the SQLite widget and tutorial.

It was great the Kevin chipped in a little info but also quite worrying. He said:
> The reality is that we now need to look at what we are doing next and what
> is affordable. If we don?t fund this project, the knock on effects for the
> platform will be very significant. We?re already a very small team that
> punches well above our weight.

What!!!

Am I missing something here?
Is LC9 a side project that is funded in the shadows of other funded projects?
Is Kevin saying we need you guys to fund this to keep us going?
Why are the knock on effects of an OPTIONAL project not significant but VERY significant?

I have to stop now less my imagination runs riot over the possible "very significant" effect of this project not being funded.

James