Submitting to the #%^%#? App Store

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Wed Jul 5 05:03:50 EDT 2017

Ah yes - one of the biggest GOTCHA’s there is when working on Apple certification…

I’ve found the best approach is to keep my dev machine scrupulously clean as regards old certificates, and a session with Keychain Access pays dividends.

The same thing goes as regards old provisioning profiles - you should find all provisioning profiles on your mac stored at '/Users/<userName./Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles’. Regular cleaning out of that folder and then using Xcode to pull down fresh copies is the way to go

In general ‘good hygiene’ with your certificates and profiles is necessary and will prevent much head thumping, cursing, gnashing of teeth and tears at bedtime :)

And finally, I’ve found it best to keep old copies of Xcode on my machine in their own sub-folder (individually named) in the Applications folder whilst keeping the executable named “Xcode.app”

Kind regards

Dave