debugging a CEF browser instance

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 06:33:03 EDT 2017

After a very long time away from Livecode, I'm trying to get back into it.

On 8.1.4 in the Windows IDE I have a browser instance where a standalone
web page with some Javascript code is not working.  The same page works if
I load it into Chrome.

So, I thought there might be a way to display the console of the browser
instance, but I can't find a "chrome://..." command to do that. The most
information I can get back from the browser instance is this:

"C:/Program Files (x86)/RunRev/LiveCode Business 8.1.4/LiveCode Business"
--browser-subprocess-path="C:\Program Files (x86)\RunRev\LiveCode Business
8.1.4\Externals\CEF\libbrowser-cefprocess.exe" --no-sandbox --lang=en-US
--log-file="C:\Program Files (x86)\RunRev\LiveCode Business
8.1.4\debug.log" --log-severity=disable --locales-dir-path="C:\Program
Files (x86)\RunRev\LiveCode Business 8.1.4\Externals\CEF\locales"

So, I created a .cmd file where I launched the livecode .exe, passing in
different values for

--log-severity=disable

but no alternative parameters in the .cmd file appear to be taken up (i.e.
it looks like these CEF browser parameters might be hard-coded into the LC
exe).

I'm thinking there must be a way to debug CEF browser instances, but a
search through the mail list didn't turn up anything that appeared relevant.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Bernard