Mobile Check Bandwidth Function

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Mon Jul 3 20:05:24 EDT 2017

> On 4 Jul 2017, at 6:50 am, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> >> And iOS only?  What do we do for the other 80% of the world?
> >
> > Android:
> > https://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/ConnectivityManager.html <https://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/ConnectivityManager.html>
>
> I figured there was a parallel API for Android.  I guess my question was when we might see feature completion on the script access for that in LC.

Actually we have access to basically anything you want on Android now via LCB and now that that’s the case if we provided an API for it we would do it via LCB too. I’m sure Ali could wrap it pretty quickly but it might be a good idea for the community to take it on and give us some feedback on our docs. The sooner people start wrapping and sharing code for system APIs the better.

https://livecode.com/using-infinite-livecode-for-android-to-create-native-controls-and-wrap-os-apis/ <https://livecode.com/using-infinite-livecode-for-android-to-create-native-controls-and-wrap-os-apis/>

Cheers

Monte