Browser Widget/HTML5/LC Integration

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Jan 28 00:01:21 EST 2017

So as not to burden this list which  "use" list and not a "complain" list  I have responded to you at length directly.

in a word:

1) the graphics rendering layer of LC is behind the graphics rendering layer of the browser

2) an IDE that provides a tool box for super elegant 21st century UI  -- smooth, responsive, easy to change the Look/Feel
even my attempts with AnimationEngine  which is, I believe as good as it's going to ever get with LC's engine, have a clunky, jerky feel
e.g. try a ken burns: move the image while simultaneously increasing is rect in proportion. even rotating a ball around a circular path… has this subtle "1990" feel to it vs the same thing done with CSS animation in the browser. Maybe not an issue for all those whose use case is business/systems/tools etc. but in our shop it has to look fabulous or the horse is not considered a viable vehicle for the content delivery. Period end of discussion.

I don't know why or the technical issues behind that… I would be interested to know to understand it

3) robust surport for SVG (not just a single color) on top of 1 and 2 above

even shorter summary

vector perfect, smooth as glass, motion graphics

Isn’t the dictionary html in a widget? Why? There's one answer to your question from HQ itself.

If a player serves to provide the space to show content develop on another platform (video/Premiere)

Why not the browser widget to provide a space to show HTML5?

I believe it has tremendous potential for engagement across a wide spectrum of developers, going both ways.

More in the email I sent you

BR