Building a standalone on Mac OS Lion

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 15:36:36 EST 2017

Dear Panagiotis,

I have just run off a Mac standalone as per your request (NO inclusions
at all) and the thing does not work.

I will, in a few minutes, build a standalone from a plain "vanilla"
stack (one card and one button with no script) and see what I end up with.

Richmond.

On 1/27/17 10:26 pm, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi Richmond,
> Does the standalone include the tsnet  external? Can you try building a
> standalone with "select inclusions" (not "search for inclusions") and make
> sure that " tsnet" and "internet" are NOT included? Just for testing.
>
> On 27 Jan 2017 20:14, "Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode" <
>
>> Oh, well, I suppose I shouldn't complain: 8.1.2 just ground away for 20
>> minutes and I had tp
>> force quit the thing!
>>
>> Richmond.
>>
>> On 1/27/17 9:43 pm, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>>
>>> I am aware that LiveCode does NOT support deploying LC 9.0 on Mac OS
>>> 10.7.5 . . .
>>>
>>> it does work on that operating system, however . . .
>>>
>>> building a Mac standalone (32-bit) with 8.1.3 rc-1 on Mac OS 10.7.5
>>> results in
>>> a standalone that does not open on Mac OS 10.7.5 . . .
>>>
>>> LiveCode 8.1.3 rc-1 INDY
>>>
>>> I have yet to try building a similar Mac standalone on Linux . . .
>>>
>>> The document "LiveCodeNotes-8_1_3_rc_1.pdf" states:
>>>

>>>          The Mac engine supports:
>>> 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) on Intel
>>> 10.7.x (Lion) on Intel
>>> 10.8.x (Mountain Lion) on Intel