Building a standalone on Mac OS Lion

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:43:46 EST 2017

I am aware that LiveCode does NOT support deploying LC 9.0 on Mac OS
10.7.5 . . .

it does work on that operating system, however . . .

building a Mac standalone (32-bit) with 8.1.3 rc-1 on Mac OS 10.7.5
results in
a standalone that does not open on Mac OS 10.7.5 . . .

LiveCode 8.1.3 rc-1 INDY

I have yet to try building a similar Mac standalone on Linux . . .

The document "LiveCodeNotes-8_1_3_rc_1.pdf" states:

         The Mac engine supports:
10.6.x (Snow Leopard) on Intel
10.7.x (Lion) on Intel
10.8.x (Mountain Lion) on Intel
10.9.x (Mavericks) on Intel
10.10.x (Yosemite) on Intel
10.11.x (El Capitan) on Intel
10.12.x (Sierra) on Intel

Which would seem to suggest that a standalone for Mac should run on Mac
OS 10.7.5.

I would be grateful if anyone could tell me why my standalone is NOT
working on Mac OS 10.7.5

As a side-note: a standalone generated from the same code with LC 7.1.4
does run, but this is of no use
as my code in that standalone depends on 8.1.3 to function.

Richmond.