Delete element from array

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 27 11:55:54 EST 2017

Dr. Hawkins wrote:

 > The new dictionary, like the project browser, is targeted to people
 > who think exactly that way, and access things in that pointy-clicky
 > way.
 >
 > And even then, pulldown for categories rather than clicking.
 >
 > Those of us that run the other way in accessing a UI will *never*
 > find this approach an adequate replacement.

What is "the other way?"

I almost never click anything other than results from the search list.
I open the Dict window, type my query, review the results.

What would we do to improve this?

FWIW, I've not really been fond of any Dictionary since MetaCard's.
Even then I didn't really like it all that much, and worked with Jacque
and some others to make a replacement.

The current Dictionary content is in wonderfully well-separated array
files, making it easier than ever for third parties to use existing
internal APIs to deliver the content in any form we choose.

Anyone up for making a new Dictionary using native (non-web-based) LiveCode?

Would take some work, but very doable.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems