8.1.3 (RC1) Invoking Script Editor Failing Everywhere

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Jan 24 16:05:47 EST 2017

I need the updates in 8.1.3 (RC1) so took  the leap.

IDE is problematic… deleted my prefs before opening… but now

-- the point ertool icon does not change from browse to pointer…
-- switching to the pointer too and double clicking on a button runs the button script instead of just selecting the button.  (it used to open the property inspector for the selected group/object.)
-- cmd-opt click will not cause the script editor open;  (yes, I have it set in the preferences to do that, but it's not working)
-- from the Project Browser, double clicking on in the icon with the number of lines in a script does not invoke that script in the SE
-- opening the PI for an object with an assigne behavior: click "edit script" the script for the assigne behavior does not open

Help!

BR