Idea about Norton

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Jan 23 13:36:44 EST 2017

I think this is the wrong way to go about it. I don't think Norton simply counts the number of times software attempts to install without signing, and then has a threshold where it accepts the unsigned installation without challenge. I have noticed however that sometimes installation instructions include the disclaimer, "You may need to suspend or disable you Antivirus software to install this application." Or something along those lines. Perhaps you need to distribute an Installation Notes text file with your application?

I actually have encountered print driver software that WOULD NOT WORK as long as a certain OEM distributed AV software was running on the workstation.

Bob S