Boring but important - selling a download product for Windows

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sun Jan 22 14:59:14 EST 2017

Well Roger, I agree with you - that’s why I went all the way with code signing and creating an installer. But the Norton Catch-22 ("not many people have used this software so we’re going to delete it until more people have used it…”) a small developer is in an impossible position, it seems to me. And even Google Chrome is hostile to .exe files even if they’re code signed. That’s why I was looking for any other solution. Is there a better way?

Graham

BTW none of these problems seem to exist on the Mac. Code signing is enough to make an installer acceptable to OSX.