TextDecode JSON array

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Sun Jan 22 02:26:02 EST 2017

On 22/01/2017 03:22, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> Here's a test sample of some UTF8 I get back from a server:
>
>   {"UserID":48,"UserName":"Eduardo Ba\u00f1uls","UserLoginName":"ebanu"}

Hi Jacque,

This is valid JSON (and also valid ASCII).  In JSON, any character in a
string may be encoded in the form \uXXXX where XXXX is the 4-digit
hexadecimal representation of a Unicode codepoint.  No textDecode()
operation is required.

JSONImport() handles this correctly.

1) Create a stack with a field and a button
2) Put the text above into the field
3) Set the script of the button to:

 > local tJson
 > put JSONImport(field 1) into tJson
 > answer tJson["UserName"]

4) Enter browse mode and click the button

You will get an answer dialog displaying "Eduardo Bañuls".

                             Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Technical Project Manager