LC Server & Server Based Stack?

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 14:26:18 EST 2017

What jacque was referring to is a different animal. An executable set up as
a cgi, that (if I recall correctly has a startup script and that after
script completion, exits)
The lc server itself runs in cgi mode (as apposed to as a module I believe)
and unless you're using the earliest version (you're not) can access and
use stacks "out of the box."

A very simple example:

My lcserver script..
<?lc
   start using stack "teststack.livecode"
   put "<pre>" & the script of stack "teststack" & "</pre>"
   randomize
?>

Starts using a very very simple stack.
Shows the script of that stack.
executes the command "randomize" that is in the stack.

You can see it work here: http://guidezone.info/stackuse.lc

You can of course also "go" to a stack.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Rick Harrison via use-livecode <