Engine Performance across Versions

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Thu Jan 19 10:46:23 EST 2017

Howdy,

Whenever I have time between client work and addon updates, I will be
publishing a series of test results and "Fight Night" videos comparing
performance of different LC versions on tasks.

My first test involved math and appending text to a variable, and
LiveCode 6.7 was the winner! It just beat LC 5.5, but really stomped
8.1.2 and 9 dp 4, more than 10 times as fast.

In case the video screen recorder impacts the exact ratio, I'll rerun
and publish the results in non-video format later, and also follow
up/drill down on the different tasks in future fights. The text append
was the real speed issue here with 8 and 9, there was not as much
difference in the math calculations.

Here's Fight Night #1:

https://youtu.be/6737_kCLOBU

Best wishes,