AW: Why do I still need MacToISO, when working with UTF-8?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Jan 16 11:24:08 EST 2017

Hi Mark,

as a simplified pseudo code it looks like this:

*put fld "name" into myName*
-- ...
*open file myFile for binary write*
*write myName to file myFile*
*close file myFile*
-- ...
*open file myFile for binary read*
*read from file myFile until EOF*
*close file myFile*
*put it into myName*
-- ...
*if the platform is "MacOS" then put macToISO(theName) into theName*
*put URL ("http://myUser:myPW@myURL" & "mySQL.php?" & URLEncode(theName))
into rslt*
-- mySQL.php writes to a MySQL db, where theName column is encoded as
"utf8_general_ci"
-- ...
Without macToISO on a Mac client theName enters corrupted in the mySQL db

Tiemo