Why do I still need MacToISO, when working with UTF-8?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Jan 16 08:44:34 EST 2017

Hi Tiemo,

On 2017-01-16 11:57, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode wrote:
> Now my German Umlaute don't get corrupted in the MySQL db and
> everything is
> fine, but I would like to understand the technical background. Why do I
> still need MacToISO() in LC 8 on a Mac and even worse, I didn't needed
> it in
> LC 6 in the same program. What am I missing here?

Can you explain (with code examples if possible) what you are calling
MacToIso() on, and how you are using its output?

It isn't entirely clear exactly what steps you are taking in your
previous email and it sounds like the problem is at the point of LC's
communication with PHP, rather than within LC.

Thanks in advance!

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps