Memory leak?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jan 15 17:19:08 EST 2017

On 1/15/17 3:40 PM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto via use-livecode wrote:
> At 2:02 PM -0600 1/15/2017, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
>> I've been watching Activity Monitor on OS X while LC 8.1.2 is running.
>> On launch it registered about 52 MB of memory. I opened a stack that
>> has no background scripts running, it's completely inert, and after a
>> while it jumped to 84 MB memory. I let the computer sleep and left it
>> on all night. When I woke up the Mac today it was still at 84 MB. I
>> worked in some other apps but never brought LC to the front. After
>> about 30 minutes it's jumped to 134.7 MB.
>

> Does the stack have a player in it? (Shot in the dark.)

No, though the person who asked me about it uses players. I opened an
additional small stack with a simple button script in it, clicked the
button, and the memory went to 153 MB. It had stuck at 134.7 for a
couple of hours until I did that. I'm pretty sure the difference is the
size of the stack I opened, but when I "close and remove from memory"
the size didn't decrease. Seems like it should have.

This could all be normal. I never really paid attention before.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com